Thursday, April 28, 2011

"Excerpts From Letters Home"

February 21, 2011 letter home

"Well the cat is out of the box, yes I am getting transferred. It was a big suprise to me... I am anxious to start in a new area and with a new compagnion. I guess it helps to restore the greeny fire once again when you go to an area where everyone and everything is new to you right? I am sad to leave Fayetteville however, I have truely grown to love the people in this area. They are so great! I am leaving behind 4 baptisms and alot of friends. It is amazing how attached you can become to people in just three months." (Elder Austin Johnson is transferring to Wake Forest, North Carolina)

February 14, 2011 letter home

"Well it has warmed up here quite a bit and I am so thankful... no more cold weather...I hope. It has been a slow week, but I will say this, the Lord is working miracles in this area, not ones that can be expressed in letters. I will simply say that there are alot of neat things happening here and I know without a doubt that Jesus Christ lives and knows me and you."

January 31, 2011 letter home

"The Bishop went on splits with us this week...it was a really good opportunity to build our relationship with him. He gave me a last minute assignment to speak on Sunday too. He said he was trying to find a way to send the message that the people needed to start living the gospel by doing the little things... ." (Evidently the talk went so well that the Young Women's Leaders tried to sign Elder Austin Johnson up to give a fireside talk!)

"I never really realized how important it is to missionaries to be close to the ward members until I got thrown into a state across the country where I don't know anyone. It has been fun! I still look back at my call to serve... and I feel that I'm being prepared for something by serving here. "

No comments:

Post a Comment